Drive-in racking can generally accommodate as many article types as there are loading aisles.
Two management systems are available: the drive-in system, with only one access aisle, and the drive-through system, with access to the load from both sides of the rack.
The system is frequently used in cold stores (refrigeration and freezing) which require maximum use of space for the storage of products in a controlled temperature.
BENEFIT OF SELECTIVE PALLET RACKING
- You have direct and immediate access to all product stored on racking.
- Drive-in rack requires fewer aisles and able to store high volumes of goods
- Good for raw materials which pressure-sensitive and non-stackable goods.
- Rigorous entrance and exit control.
- Drive-in racks can increase by 50%~65% pallet space than selective pallet racking system.